Error: code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found

Description

Error: code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found.
I tried to reinstall but it did not help.
App does not run anymore.

Screenshot

A_ERROR_Screenshot 2024-01-03 164753

Requirements

⇒ Fill these information below:

• Desktop OS (name and version):
  • App OS (name and version): (if relevent)
  • TheocBase version:
  • Language used:

Please fil out Desktop (etc Windows 11) and languge.

Then I will create a ticket to the developers and get back to you as soon as possible.

Sorry for the error you are having trouble with right now and thank you for your post (and patience)

I am a volunteer (like all behind TheocBase) using some time trying do give support to the best of my ability

@ikaera
Looks like you have a problem with your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables (standard Microsoft Software).

Links

Please let me know if this solves your problem

Please note that any advice or suggestions regarding computer usage or configurations are provided at your own risk. Consider your individual requirements and circumstances before implementing any recommendations.

I’ve had this error in some other applications I use, if your machine is very old and cannot install vc_redist, you can manually download the respective DLLs, 32 or 64 bits, and paste them into your Windows folder:

For 32-bit Windows: C:\Windows\System32

For Windows 64 bits:
The one above, and also: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Remember: Be VERY careful when transferring DLL files and all Windows system files, there may be irreversible errors. See:
https://pt.fix4dll.com/how_to_install_dll_files

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this interesting reply. :smiley:

But, for all, does not download DLLs from the Internet, except from one of Microsoft’s official sites.
(because it’s a possible means of piracy if it’s not the official ones, and even for official ones, you can never be 100% sure)

1 Like